Friday 8 July 2011

In the beginning...

Just come across this piece in the Daily Mail and it really seems like modern lifestyles aren't good for us. I'm not the only person I know with premature menopause, so I've always felt the numbers must be higher as more and more of these articles are published, most of which though are the usual negative story about high-flying career women leaving it too late to have children.

My dear Mum who passed away 9 years ago left us a blessing in the form of her diaries which she wrote all her life, so I am wondering if there are any clues to what may have happened to me in there, anything that happened to her during her pregnancy with me possibly? Widespread use of the Pill for example, occurred after my sister (now 45 and still with periods) was born but before I turned up - would the much stronger hormones used in those days have any bearing? Perhaps it isn't the whole story but part of a catalogue of unfortunate lifestyle coincidences creating the problem I now have. And no, I would never put any blame on my mother for any of this - she would be devastated at knowing what's happened to me.

The dietary changes have definitely had a fabulous effect - another 5lbs gone in the last 2 weeks adding up to a 25lb loss. I did have a faddy diet for the first 30 years of my life unfortunately which in itself stressed my body out as well as the emotional stresses that followed. So I'm of the opinion that all of these things add up to my premature menopause.

As I'm a natural researcher, I will continue with the detective work to somehow give myself closure for what's happened, and find the key to what to do next for my health.

No comments:

Post a Comment