Monday 18 July 2011

Flowers in the rain

I am posting today about how useful it has been to be a member of The Daisy Network, the only UK charity purely supporting premature menopause. As you know, I've had a tremendously frustrating time with GPs and gynaecologists to date, but charities such as Daisy do offer us hope with their hard work getting us all answers and support that would evade us otherwise.

Sadly I couldn't make the Daisy annual conference that is arranged each year in June. This is a fantastic event when we can all meet up together and go to talks and workshops by experts who do have a clue how we can be treated - hurrah!

However, I received my Update newsletter through the post last week which devoted a full 2 pages to Dr Nick Panay's presentation which was absolutely a sight for sore eyes - how to treat and manage premature menopause/POF properly, right down to the use of bioidentical HRT and DHEA instead of the pill. I am now looking forward to the next GP appointment at which I shall be armed with this article, to ensure that my GP knows I'm not crazy and that I have thoroughly researched my treatment - and they should read the research too.

No comments:

Post a Comment