Wednesday 2 May 2012

Sunday Girl

Well it's been several months since I last posted. The Premique did the job in the end albeit with an increased appetite and a resulting 10lb weight gain. But the flushes and menopausal symptoms were mostly relieved, and so I decided to have a few months off of continually obsessing about the next move with this condition. And so I carried on, fell off the diet a little at Christmas and after but my body doesn't seem to mind quite as much when this happens (the odd small piece of cake, occasional pizza, a night with 2 or 3 alcoholic drinks typically)...when something happened totally out of the blue two Sundays ago. I woke up depressed and tearful then when I got to a shopping centre (I'd decided shopping and a meal out was the only way to happiness even though I knew it would disappoint me!) I finished on the ground outside with the craziest painful abdominal cramps I'd had in decades along with a very real urge to vomit in the street. My better half asked if I needed the nearest A&E department but I reassured him this was mightily painful but us ladies are used to such things! He took me home where I curled up with strong painkillers and a hot water bottle, and suddenly the memories of teenage period hell came surging back: this was honestly the first time they'd been that bad for 20 years!! And they didn't stop there, twice during the week that followed, I was woken up in the night by the waves of cramps and again early last Friday morning too. As I write this I can feel e cramps though just mildly, there's been no bleeding to speak of so what's happening? Could my body be trying to ovulate again? Earlier today I signed up with a new doctor so will see what he thinks and begin this roller coaster ride again...

No comments:

Post a Comment